Jessica Gray

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Welcome to the "G" kitchen! Lots of yummy things are made with love here.  Today, for my first post, I thought i'd share the chocolate chip cookie cake recipe I use all the time.

I first found this recipe while searching for a great cookie cake recipe for my son's birthday.  He wanted a cookie cake for his family birthday party at home.

Everyone loved it so much at his parties that  and twice for my daughter's birthday too.


Cookie Cake for my daughter's Popsicle themed birthday
My son's birthday cake for friends. First time piping out a baseball bat. : )


I've changed the recipe some, and added pureed pumpkin for a fall flavor.

Every single time, it's been super simple to bake and so yummy!

Let's get baking!


First you need to gather your ingredients:

3/4 C Butter, Softened
3/4 C brown sugar
1/4 C pure cane sugar
1 lg egg + 1 yolkd
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 - 2 1/4 C Flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 C Chocolate Chips (or any mix of chips or yummies you'd like.. Peanut Butter Chips, Caramel Chips, M&M's)


Note: If you use salted butter, i'd omit the salt from the recipe.

Directions:

These cookies will be out of the oven and in your mouth in about 22 minutes flat.  You'll need to pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. 

First, cream together your butter and the sugars in a large mixing bowl.  I use a pure cane sugar, instead of refined white sugar, but either would work just fine. 

Next, Add in the egg, yolk and and vanilla.

Then, in another bowl, mix together the baking soda, salt, and flour.  I use Wheat Montana's whole wheat white flour.   It mixes so smoothly and has no bitter taste.  It's amazing, trust me. :)  I pick mine up in 10 lb bags at Wal-mart.

Once the dry ingredients are mixed, add them to your wet ingredients and stir just until combined.

Fold in your chocolate chips, I usually use a silicon spatula to do this with, but anything works.

Once all of that is done, spray your cookie pan with cooking spray,and press your batter into the pan, making sure all parts of the pan are covered.

(I purchased this great Wilton giant cookie pan at Bed Bath & Beyond for $5.99)
                                                 Wilton® Giant Cookie Pan

Finally, put all of that work into the oven for 22 minutes until your cookie is pretty and brown.

Allow your cookie to cool, before trying to frost or put on a cooling rack.

Last but not least, enjoy every last crumb, it'll be amazing.

I Promise.

Happy Baking!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment